Strange Dreams

I'm feeling a bit unlike myself today. I had a dream last night that actually woke me up. I turned suddenly and opened my eyes. I looked at the clock and it was 3:30am. It wasn't a violent dream or anything, actually, is was kind of "romantic" if you'd like. It had something to do with a dystopian universe and a very, very handsome man (who looked a great deal like Christian Bale - I'm pretty sure it was him.... Sure I think he's a great actor and handsome too but a dream about him? It's a first for me, I can tell you that much!) But why I woke up with a strange feeling in my stomach, I don't know. It was a really weird dream and the other thing that surprises me is that I actually remember bits of it. I'm going to write it down here so that I can reflect on it. I think it has the makings of a rather good sci-fi story.

The air was dark and there were these things that looked like mounts or oil wells and they were spewing this black dust into the air. We were on a train coming down the hill and you could see all of these mounts all over a desolate, desert-like countryside and they were all blowing this black dust continually. The train had a number of cars. Some of them were the 1st class cars and the rest were open to the air. I think they were the open carts that they transport lumber in and they have the big plastic curtains that you can pull accross. Well, the curtains were open (to be honest, I'm not sure if they were even there...) there were a number of people on these open cars including me and CB (I'm going to call him that because I'm feeling a little weird that he was in my dream). Everyone is covered in this black powder but only a few seem to care. As a bunch of people are sitting around eating and drinking in the open air, a few others are doing so huddled in corners, with blankets pulled up to their noses and only letting them fall when they took a bite or drank. I was one of these people sort of hiding but I don't recall the reasoning for why I thought this black stuff was bad. The train keeps going along like that for a while and then it starts to get dark and people start getting ready to sleep. I sort of fall asleep on my side with this blanket wrapped all around me. When I'm almost asleep, I feel this other person get underneath the blanket (yeah, you can kind of see where this is going eh?). I remember this feeling of dread of not knowing who it was. There's a hand on my shoulder that pulls me about to face him/her and it's CB. I feel so much smaller and I have to tilt my head to see who it is but when I look up, the first and only thing I see are his eyes and eyelashes and what strikes me about them is the colour. Really vivid and bright. And then I woke up.

Weird eh? You guys are the first to ever hear about my dreams. I'm not one to remember them and occasionally, when I do, I don't put them anywhere. Until now.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails