Frightening Experience: The Bomb Squad

The boss came in a few minutes ago. The last few minutes unfolded like a bad comedy:

Boss: What's going on across the street?
Me: At the building?
Boss: No, at the coffee shop.

[I walk over the boardroom which has floor to ceiling windows and look across the road. I see a group of people standing around, two cop cars blocking both ends of a nearby side street. A group of folks in what looks like bomb squad attire look on. I start to freak out.]

Me: I'm not sure what's going on but it doesn't look good!

[I look for a few more minutes. Lights go on in my brain. Lots of people standing around. Traffic still moving. Cars parked all around the building...]

Me: It looks like they're blowing up part of the building! One of the construction guys has a camera and there's a crowd of onlookers at the end of the street with cameras!

[BOOOOOOOOOOM! Explosion. Smoke. Car alarms going off. Cops, onlookers and bomb squad walk away.]

This has been the most eventful few minutes of the day. Actually, it was kind of cool to see it unfold. Wish they would have warned us ahead of time. Would have loved to stand out there with my camera!

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails