My Ears Are Ringing (Almost)

More like they would be if Seattle fans weren't so quick at snapping up tickets to a super secret show of the newly reformed Soundgarden. Special K tried, she tried hard to get tickets to the show tonight at the Showbox but it just wasn't meant to be. I look forward to the next opportunity for a last minute run across the border to see a band - I'm sure it'll come up (good thing I already have my passport!).

On a sadder and only vaguely related note (as in it's music related), I just found out that Pete Steele, the lead singer of Type O Negative has died. I first found the band in the mid 90's when they did a great cover of Neil Young's "Cinnamon Girl" for, if I'm not mistaken, one of the "I Know What You Did Last Summer" flicks (if I'm not mistaken, I think one of those soundtracks also featured Kula Shaker's "Tattva" - or maybe it was "Hush"... I can't recall exactly). I later saw them live at the PNE Forum and they put on a great show. I've been meaning to see if they were coming back to town any time in the future since I seem to have re-discovered the joy of live music, but alas, that's not going to happen now.

One of my favourite albums that, as I type this I recall I haven't listened to in some time, is "October Rust" so in memory of Pete, I'll be giving that a listen tonight and in meantime, I give you one of my fave tunes off said album (though they're all great):

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails