Not exactly. At least not yet. But almost. Let me explain.

Shortly after my sister came home, mom and dad started talking about looking for a bigger place. Now, this isn't the first time they talked about it (it's come up a few times over the years) so we didn't pay too much attention but when they called the real estate agent, we knew they were serious. We expected it would take a few months for the house to sell but against all odds and to our good fortune, the house sold in two weeks for the asking price.

Now here's where things get tricky and where that good fortune may be considered bad luck. The folks that bought the house recently sold their home too and they have to be out for September 2nd which means their possession date on the new house (our house) is September 2nd. Which, in turn, means that we have to be out by September 2nd. And we have no place to go. And a dog. Yikes!

Mom and dad have decided to build so they've been looking at properties in the neighbourhood and have even found a couple of potential lots. The problem is that we need a house to rent, that allows dogs, for the year it will take to build our new dream home.

The search is driving me crazy.

It's only been 3 days.

Homelessness looms and though I realize we still have 3 weeks to find something, I (and my mom) won't be able to sleep until it's done and we've signed papers. I hope one of these places pans out - the lack of sleep is starting to get to me.

And don't even get me started on the packing.


Post a Comment 2 comments:

Rosie said...

Congrats on getting the house sold so quickly! Too bad you weren't able to move the dates during your negotiations. Good luck with your move!

August 05, 2010 12:45 p.m.

themarina said...

Thanks Rosie!

Sadly, we didn't have too much room to manoeuvre considering they bought for full asking price (which was a bit higher than other places in the neighbourhood). We'll be ok - I'm just stressing.

August 05, 2010 1:33 p.m.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails