MetaMapping - A How To

Ok. I'm not the best at these things but I figure since a few people have asked and I know how hard of a time I had trying to figure out where to go and what to do, I'd help other out by posting it here. So, metamap away!

  1. Go to this website: http://www.multimap.com/
  2. Put in your EXACT address. The map will bing up your location with your latitude and longitude underneath.
  3. Open up your blogger template and right after the HEAD tag, put in this line of code: "meta name='ICBM' content="LAT, LON" /" REPLACE the first " and last " with <> to open and close the code. I can't do it here becuase if I do blogger thinks it's code and YOU CAN'T SEE IT! Now replace the words LAT and LON with the corresponding numbers from your map. (Make sure you use the numbers in the brackets!) NOTE: There is a SPACE between the coma and the LON #!
  4. Now save the changes to your blog.
  5. Now to go http://www.feedmap.net/BlogMap/submit.aspx
  6. At the bottom of the page is a area for entering your blog feed. Put in your blog address.
  7. This will give you a link that you can now place on your blog! You can choose either a full map or a little box like the one I have. To place the little box in your sidebar, just look for this code in your template: Now paste your code where you'd like your map to appear! Simply preview your page until you're happy with it! :)
  8. Now save the changes, reload your blog and VOILA! A shiny new map/feed on your page!

Good luck everyone!

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails