There was an accident on one of Downtown Vancouver's major arteries this morning. When I walked onto Burrard, the street was closed in both directions and there was police tape blocking people from a portion of the sidewalk. At first, I thought they were filming a movie but then I noticed that the tape said "Vancouver Police Department Crime Scene" so I took a second look (they say curiosity killed the cat...). There was a car, make, model and colour unrecognizable, on the street. It looked like the car was run over by a semi and then exploded into flames. I'm not sure what happened but that's what occurred to me from my quick peek. Not the best way to start the morning but I take what I can get.

It's another beautiful day here. A little warmer than yesterday but the breeze is starting to pick up. Although it was very pretty yesterday, the winds blew pretty hard causing power outages around the city. I hope it doesn't get quite that windy today.

The mail surprised me yesterday with a letter to attend my oath taking. On May 24th, I will officially be a Canadian Citizen. I'm really looking forward to it. This means that I'll celebrate the next Canada day and a "real" Canadian, I'll be able to vote in the next election. I can't wait to tell the girls. We're going to be able to take a drive to the States sooner than expected!

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails