To continue yesterday's list of movies to watch this Halloween comes the number 4 selection on my list: Monster House. It's eerie, fun and perfect for the entire family.

It's getting harder and harder to get up in the mornings. Leaveing the warm coziness of my flannel sheets and making a run to the bathroom in the morning is getting to be a chore. I consider myself a morning person but this has been a common occurance as far back as I can remember: come winter, mornings are the enemy. D keeps saying that we wouldn't have this problem if I turned the heat on but I refuse to do that especially considering that when we come from work, it's always comfortable at home. The big joke is that I'm constantly telling him to put on socks and a sweatshirt.

I've been scratching my head for the last couple of days over the controversy and media coverage for D.O.A.P. The film has been getting less than favourable reviews but the folks over at the TIFF gave it some award and, all of a sudden, everyone's talking about it. I plan to see it at some point next week but I'm not expecting any sort of ground breaking film making. What upsets me the most about this is that this stupid film is taking some of the limelight that should be directed to the fantastic, also controversial but much more important Deliver Us From Evil.

It's bloody cold outside today but I nearly boiled to death yesterday in my sweater so today I decided to wear sleeveless. I'm sitting here FREEZING. I just can't win.

Back to work. I still have a review to write for Marie Antoinette.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

Webmiztris said...

you went sleeveless? damn, you're tough!

October 25, 2006 11:46 a.m.

Unknown said...

Dawn: Sleeves make me all itchy and shit. It's NOT pretty. I was sweating bullets by the time I got home last night! What I really need is a cardigan. How old lady(ish) eh?

October 25, 2006 11:48 a.m.

L said...

i hate to get out of bed when its cold too!
cant wait for the marie antoinette review. PLEASE don't say that sophia C. is the BEST DIRECTOR EVER. i hate how the media is acting like she is so acclaimed, i believe she needs a bigger body of work before we can say that.

October 25, 2006 12:14 p.m.

Anonymous said...

I hate wearing long-sleeved stuff! But I hate being cold even more. Turn on the heat!!!

October 25, 2006 1:06 p.m.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails