Getting Ready for a Party



As anyone who comes by here with any frequency knows, I'm a bit of a movie nut so it's not a huge surprise that I'm having an Oscar party to celebrate the big event. Now, this isn't our first party but it's certainly our biggest so far and because of the size of our place, D and I have had to do some readjusting to try to fit in all 12 guests.

The place looks like a bit of a mess but we've got it all set up and wow, it's a sweeeeeeet set-up. Check it out:


This is our TV for the night and yes, that's the wall.

So I bet you're wondering how big the sucker is right? Funny you should ask...here's a picture of it in contrast to our window. We all know how high standard windows are:


That's 83" of TV screen goodness. Wow. if only we could keep this set-up all the time. Who'd need a movie theater?

And the little tool which is key to this wonderful set-up.


And because we have about a dozen people coming by and we don't really have tons of room, we've turned our regular living room into the "overflow" room and moved things around to add an extra chair. I have a feeling this may turn into the make out room, especially after I add the door decoration....


I'll be back tomorrow with a recap of the Oscars and LOTS more pictures from the event! I wish you all good luck with your Oscar pools and can't wait to hear what everyone thought of the event!

And don't forget to check out this post's totally awesome and appropriate track. It was quite the find!

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails