A New Week...



...and a new blogging lifestyle. The conference on Saturday really changed my outlook on blogging and "why we blog" (the big question of the weekend) and I must say, I feel enlightened. Not bad for a day of geek talk.

Trivialities aside, I have something interesting to share. I was across the street at lunch and somehow I ended up discussing school with a young guy who's in first year at SFU, one of the local universities. He's talking about how he doesn't really go to school because he doesn't like his classes, his profs, the TA's etc.

CRY ME A FREAKIN' RIVER!

I tried to tell him to take advantage of it, especially since his parents are paying for school. The entire conversation had me thinking about how kids could be so stupid. Seriously. If I had someone paying for me to go to school, paying for my accommodation and my food, I'd be there full time until I was done. Do kids really think they can get anywhere other than a menial low paying job without education? I just don't understand it. I felt like slapping him one and yelling "Wake up dude! You've got it made!" but I refrained myself - barely.

I missed updating on Friday and there was outcry *grin* from the crowds. People missed KFF. So today I give you a special Monday installment of KFF. Enjoy:


A party (and Oscar) update/discussion will be forthcoming shortly!

Please provide the date of your death.

from an IRS letter

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel totally lucky that my parents paid for my schooling. I also wish I had taken even better advantage of it by doing better!!

February 27, 2007 8:02 a.m.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails