Ok. This is disconcerting. This morning, I stumbled onto Conservapedia. Confused? So was I. Looks like Wikipedia but the content is slightly off kilter. And then I found this in their about page:

Tired of the LIBERAL BIAS every time you search on Google and a Wikipedia page appears? Now it's time for the Conservatives to get our voice out on the internet!

Conservapedia began in November 2006, as the class project for a World History class of 58 advanced homeschooled and college-bound students meeting in New Jersey.

Conservapedia has since grown enormously, including contributors nationwide. Conservapedia already has over one-half the number of entries as the Oxford Dictionary of World History. Conservapedia is rapidly becoming one of the largest and most reliable online educational resources of its kind.

Hmmmmm yeah. To make matters worse, this was on the front page today:

Did you know that faith is a uniquely Christian concept? Add to the explanation of what it means, and how it does not exist on other religions.

Sad. Sad indeed. It's true, we can make decisions as to where we get our information but the fact that some people only use this as reference is much like people only watching Fox News for their news. How unbiased and accurate is that?

In other news, my tooth is still sore from Sunday's procedure. We were trying to avoid a root canal but I don't think that's going to happen. It aches. Constantly. And Saturday I'm heading to a blogging conference called Northern Voice! I'm really excited. Looks like it's going to be awesome!

I'm off now. Lots of work to do but I encourage you to enjoy today's song. It's a good one.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails