Recaping the Weeked

I don't really want to call it "the weekend from hell" but I must admit that as much fun as I had and as much as I learned, this was a hellish sort of weekend full of interesting tidbits which left me drained.

Northern Voice 2008 was a huge success and I have a load of post ideas that came out of it which will be forthcoming in the next few days but I needed a bit of a laugh this morning so I though I'd share my solution.

The keynote speaker at NV was Matt Mullenweg, founder of WordPress, and in the midst of his great talk (audio of which is coming soon - at least I think I have audio...4GB of audio is a lot of stuff to filter through...) he brought up a few peeves and one of them was that his Google ranking was being overtaken by another Matt, a Matt I'd never heard about.

The leading Matt is from a website called Where the Hell is Matt? and essentially, he's a guy who travels the world and dances at each new location. The truly funny bit is that Matt dances "like a white guy" (aka. not very well).

It's pretty darn funny and I can't help but watch the video below (a collection of Matt's dances from 2006) and laugh.


It is also worth noting that when you now type "Matt " into Google, Matt Mullenweg does come in at the number one spot. I wonder if it has anything to do with his presentation at NV?

Photo of Matt Mullenweg from Flickr care of duanestorey.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails