Arthur C. Clarke Passes On


Wow. It's been a bad day. First news that Oscar winning director Anthony Minghella died at 54 and now news, via The Bad Astronomer, that world renowned author Arthur C. Clarke has also died.

I first discovered Clarke though the movies. Seeing Kubrick's "2001: A Space Odyssey" was enough to get me to look at Clarke's work and what I found was a treasure trove of fantastic writing. Over the years I've developed more of a like for fantasy stories but Clarke's work was always extremely enjoyable and "Rendezvous with Rama" is easily one of my favourite books of all time (a little mystery, a little sci-fi, all brilliance).

Clarke will be warmly remembered as a forefather of science fiction, a great man and a visionary. He will forever be remembered.

Photo from Flickr care of jadc01.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails