Childhood Nostalgia

Growing up in Portugal had a lot of perks, mostly to do with small town living where everyone knows everyone else. Though that can be a bit of pain when you get older, as a child, it means lots of freedom to roam around town and someone will always know where you are. The one drawback is that I didn't have the same level of exposure to TV and music as folks living in the city. Music wasn't so much of a problem because Dad has always been a big collector, and books - well, we read everything we got our hands on and thanks to the traveling libraries, that meant lots of books but there was one TV in the house and it was in the kitchen and Grandpa had rule over what we watched.

Except for an hour a day and a two on Saturday when we got to watch cartoons. This is where I discovered and fell in love with She-Ra and He-Man and The Smurfs but my favourite show had to be "A Menina das Flores" which translates into "The Flower Child". A few of the boys and I have been bantering back and forth about recent news of a Smurfs film in the works and I mentioned I'm pretending not to have read those news mostly because there aren't a lot of TV shows I watched as a kid and they're all pretty precious to me. That's not to say I won't see a Smurfs movie, but I'm not thrilled about it.


I decided to put my fingers to work to track down some info about my favourite of those shows and I've come to discover that the American title of the show was The Flower Child Lunlun though it looks like the show was more of a hit in Europe than in NA. Still, as soon as I saw a picture I knew that was the show. My sister and I were OBSESSED.


I can't wait to show this to my mom. She's going to love it!

Time to start searching for the movie...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails