Coincidences run amuck. Marina freaks.

Coincidences. Usually they're just that: unexplainable chance connections. But when things happen so close together, I can't help but wonder if something more isn't at play. Take for example this strange set of events that unfolded not five minutes ago.

I was making my way through my RSS reader. It's always the same order: real life friends, online friends, technology, writers. I was reading news on Stephenie Meyer's website about her new novella titled "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" (I won't bore you with the details but you can read them here if you're interested) when, two paragraphs into the story I hear Tom Allen, the host of CBC Radio 2's Shift, the station that is always playing at the office, bring up news of the new book. The same book I'm reading about. Coincidental timing indeed but nothing particularly weird. Until I scrolled down the page on Meyer's site to the cover of the new book. Check it out:


Well, if you're at all familiar with one of my side projects, Before the Dawn: A Twilight Podcast, you may recognize that hourglass concept. If not, here's our logo:


Admittedly there isn't anything particularly weird about these two things happening but something about the fact that they occurred so close together have me a bit on edge. What's next I wonder?

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails