DJ Champion & His G-Strings @ The Venue

A few weeks ago Special K sent me an email asking if I'd be interested in checking out a show. I'd never heard of the artists but a bit of cruising You Tube, I figured I'd give it a go (deep inside the only thing I could think about was "Yey! Live Music!!"). Saturday was the day of the big show and wow, what a show it was.

DJ Champion @ The Venue

After struggling through line and the bouncer who looked ready to go home (he was one grumpy man), we headed inside to take in Montreal's DJ Champion and his G-Strings and no, there were no naked girls on stage. The G-Strings actually refers to the five guitarists rocking it out on stage alongside the wicked DJ beats. It was a great show. The small crowd (The Venue is a small club) was enthusiastic, the beats awesome and the guitar orgy on stage was enough to make rock fan happy. Champion looked every bit the music geek and maestro, conducting 5 guitars to dance beats with ease and expertise.

As the night progressed, I started to wonder where all the metal heads were hiding since there are more than a handful of heavy guitar riffs permeating through DJ Champion's mix. The question was answered as the lights came up and the crowd started to make for the door. I spotted more than a handful of metal heads making their way out - looks like they'd all been up front.

It was an awesome show. I moved, I drank Red Stripes (OMG! Stubbys!) and listened to great music. Definitely a good night out. And heck, I'll definitely be keeping my eyes and ears open for the return of DJ Champion!



 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails