Married Life

At 1:45PM yesterday afternoon, I go married. I married 35 million people including mom and dad (gross!). In all seriousness, I took my Citizenship Oath yesterday and I am now a full fledged, voting Canadian. When people ask me where I'm from now on - I'm from Canada.

To celebrate my first day as a Canadian, I'm going to share with you a little something that has become as much a part of Canada as anything else. And to think this was a commercial for beer! Truly Canadian.

Hey.

I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader, and I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dog sled, and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I'm certain they're really, really nice.

I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American, and I pronounce it "about", not "aboot".

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I believe in peacekeeping, not policing; diversity, not assimilation; and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.

A tuque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch, and it is pronounced "zed"; not "zee" – "zed"!

Canada is the second largest land mass! The first nation of hockey! And the best part of North America!

My name is Joe! And I am Canadian!

... Thank you.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails