*

Disappointment hit at 2:30 or so yesterday afternoon when Portugal was eliminated from the WC Final by the French. I read a headline this morning "French fry Portugal". AHAHAHA Fortunately, this wasn't quite the case. We played a great game with great opportunities but sometimes you need a little luck too. Nothing to be ashamed of. We have two years to prepare for Euro Cup and another run at a title.

At home, my mom and I had a discussion about this. I am always so impressed by the number of folks that crawl out of the woodwork to follow their homeland during these events. I love these patriotic moments but it puzzles me that once it's done, all those people hide away again and they're only Portuguese again if the team does well during the next championship. No big deal, it's bound to happen but I'm not sure why people can't be proud of their heritage all the time. I'll be the first to admit that my parents and I are much more patriotic than the average folk and I think that's why I'm having such a hard time understanding this. It's such a tiny country, it has achieved such great things in history, we're spread out all over the globe (the emigration has always been higher than the immigration) and yet many people hide their roots. I know this isn't an isolated incident and that it varies from person to person but it's really apparent during events like this one. That was kind of pointless ranting but I had to get it out.

The costume for Friday is nearly done. A very drunken D helped me tie it up yesterday during the test fitting and I swear it took longer than if I had done it on my own but I was so thrilled that he offered to help, I just didn't have the heart to tell him I was better off on my own. Other than that, it's been rather un-eventful!

I hope everyone else's week is going as well! We're nearly at the end of it!

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails