The Anticipation is Killing ME!!!!

It was a very long night. I came home to find D and K drinking their little hearts out. I didn't manage shower and go to bed until 1:30 and then I decided that since I only had a few pages left on my book, I'd finish it and start fresh when I woke up. I didn't get to bed until after 2 and this morning I suffered for it. I tried to read but ended up sleeping through the commute. At least I woke myself up during the brisk walk to the office. It's a beautiful day today and though it's a bit colder than yesterday, the lack of rain is a godsent.

With K coming over the last couple of days, I haven't managed to do much of anything when I get home at night which as really put me behind schedule. I have yet to download or listen to my podcasts and I still haven't done the picture taking and downloading. On the other hand, this hardly matters considering my mounting excitement for Friday. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am. It's like I'm going on the biggest trip in years which, believe it or not, the drive to Bellingham will actually the farthest I've been from Vancouver in at least 4 years. Sad but true. I can't wait!

D has found out that he may be getting some backpay (the company owes him back wages to February of this year) on Friday. The problem is, it's sounding like it may only be going back a month. No one knows for sure and they won't know until tomorrow but it'll be interesting how that pans out. D has said that if he gets the money, we're staying in Seattle for the weekend. That would be AWESOME!!!!!! I'll keep you posted on the happenings.

I want to share with you the story of a the first "art work" I ever purchased. At my old job, we had a buy and sell page where people could post stuff for sale. There was a guy who was moving out of his apartment and he was looking to get rid of a bunch of stuff and one of the items caught my eye. It was a gorgeous print and the more I looked at it, the more I loved it. I offered to take it off his hands along with a framed mirror but last minute, he changed his mind on the painting. It haunted me and I searched high and low for it. Seriously, this print was nearly impossible to find. That Christmas, I was working at the mall and as an employee we were entitled to mall discounts including at a discount at one of the framing stores. I went in there and with some help and after looking through every art book they had, I finally spotted the print. With my discount, I paid $300 for the poster, canvas transfer and mounting. It was the best money I've ever spent. The picture is by a Spanish painter named Ramon Pujol and the print is Reflection on a Summer Morning. I'm thinking about having another one made, this time for my hallway and I need some help. Take a look at these and let me know what you think. I'm having a hard time deciding but I'm really liking Resolution and Inception.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's some really nice artwork!!!
Have a great weekend!!!

November 08, 2006 1:26 p.m.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails