Virtualy Real

Wow.

William Gibson may have thought it up but it's all becoming a little too real for comfort.

Gibson himself posted a link to PS3's newest pitch, a service called Home.

Never heard of it. Neither had I. Check it out:



A few things come to mind watching the preview clip. The first is that it looks sharper than Second Life. I'm sure it also has to be creating some pressure at X-Box Live HO where they've just been blown out of the water as far as gamer communication and interaction are concerned but perhaps the most glaring point is that Gibson's vision has been slowly developing as reality.

Gibson also provides a link to a great article over at DailyTech which discusses the VR thing in a bit more detail and is an interesting read.

I'm not sure I like this future. Let's just say I have some serious concerns.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails