Ahhhhh Yes....The start of a BEAUTIFUL Week

My B-Day week wasn't supposed to start until Saturday night but it started Friday night with free tix to a preseason hockey game (THANKS DAD!) We had wicked seats right behind the net and 11 rows up. Even though it was pre-season, the game rocked and we managed to see the live version of a game with the new rules. Wow. Does it ever move a lot faster! Bertuzzi was back in action which was great and we got to see Richar Park play. The guy is *tiny* but wow, can he move. Excellent player. Though we lost in a shootout, the game was still great. Watch out! We're coming for the cup!

Saturday I spent the morning out and about with Dan. We ended up byuing a lighscribe DVD burner. It's all fancy and stuff. The only difference is that you can flip the disk upside down and burn images or words on the front (instead of making a label!) We're still trying to track down the special media but when we find it, I'm gonna be the first to try it!

Saturday night I went to see Mariza and the Chan Centre. What an AMAZING show. This is now the 3rd time we see her and she's always great but she really outdid herlsef Saturday. Plus, now she travels with a larger band which makes for a really, really excellent, varyed show. If you're interested in checking her out, visit her website. She sings traditional (and not so traditional) Portuguese Fado (it's like Blues). AWESOME.

Sunday I spent the day at Word on the Street, a yearly event celebrating books. The Portuguese group I belong to had a table this year and I was helping to man it plus my bookcrossing group had meetings throughout the day. It was a really successul event and we met a bunch of other bookcrossers that didn't even know we were there. It was quite funny because the lady at the booth next to mine was one of these "secret" bookcrossers and she was like "You're 'themarina'? Really?" and I'm like "Yeah, the one and only!". Looks like I have a bit of a reputation...

Tonight, NIN! I'm sooooooooooo excited! I can barely contain myself! Only 3 hours left of work! I have tomorrow morning off so hopefully I'll be able to post some show details then! :)

Only 2 days to my birthday and 4 days to SERENITY (and my Jayne's hat is almost done!)

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

416Lusolife said...

Glad you enjoyed mariza...

We're going to see mariza on Tuesday night in Toronto and cannot wait...

I have a little blog that does sporadic translations of Seu Jorge, mariza, etc...if interested...

http://lusolife.blogspot.com

September 26, 2005 5:47 p.m.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails