Can you say PARTY????

WOW.

Friday night Dan and I went to help with the final setup for the party. Looking good, we left at 12:30 or so. Got home at 1AM. I was sick as a dog. Got up at 8AM, went grocery shopping, cooked until 2:30. With the still hot lasagna, we jumped into the car (borrowed - I haven't bought a new car and not shard, promise), threw in the bags and off we went. We arrived in Cloverdale just before 3pm. All the kids were already there for the magician who came at 3:30. Watched the magic show and changed into costumes.

I'll be the first to admit that my costume was pretty lame. I'm going to plan better for next year, promise. Because we went to help set up the house on Friday night, I never managed to get a decent costume. Instead, I ended up going as Arthur Dent from "The Hitckhikers Guide...". I put on my pjs, I had my slippers, a housecoat and my towel. Whatever, it did the trick. To be honest, I don't think anyone noticed....

Kids left at 5pm (the ones that weren't staying at the house at least) and by 6PM, the party was in full swing. We had a nice visit from police officers who were out busting some teens having a party in the culdesack accross the street (parents away for the weekend) but for the rest of the time, the music blared and the Crown and Vodka flowed like water.. K disappeared sometime about 12:30. We didn't see him again until the next morning. It was later discovered that he was quite sick and never managed to get out of bed after that. Dan fell over at 1am. I went until 2:30. The all night party crowd headed to bed at 6:00AM. Though I too could have stayed up (all they did was talk and drink from 3 to 6), I didn't feel comfortable hanging out. After all, they're all family and I just can't follow the stories (or the names).

24 hours later, we finally walked through the door at 3. We had a fabulous time but I regreted it this morning. I'm exhausted and need another day off to recoop. One thing is for sure, these guys know how to party. The next big one: New Years. Oh god. Just thinking about it is making me dizzy....

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails