A Weekend of Learning

It was a great, if overly busy weekend and as a result, I'm not fully on the ball today. I managed to get my full 8 hours of sleep but am still feeling a bit rundown.

I had the opportunity to share "The King of Kong" with a few friends on Friday night and I think everyone enjoyed themselves which is always good. I'm constantly amazed at how great that little film is. There are few documentaries out there that I can throw into the DVD player just for the heck of it but this is certainly one of them. If you haven't seen it yet, I urge you to track it down on DVD because chances are, you won't be disappointed.

Saturday was spent with friends and fellow podcasters Dale and Colleen at the Bridging Media conference. It was a fascinating and enjoyable day and from it came a load of interesting talking points which we felt deserved some attention so on Sunday, we recorded a short podcast on the subject and I must admit that listening to a bit of it yesterday, I was surprised to find I sounded a bit cross. I'm not, really. It's just a subject that I feel passionately about. If you have some time and have some thoughts on film (and other forms of creative en devours) financing and distribution, I urge you to check out the post over on Row Three which has the podcast, links to the event and links to more coverage of the event (including blogging coverage and audio of the various sessions).

The day wrapped up with a bit of a surprise when on the drive home I spoke to hubby and he mentioned that Future Shop was having a sale on televisions and after months of searching and humming and hawing about upgrading our TV to something more modern, we finally bit the bullet. The result was the purchase of a 42" true HD (1080p) LG LCD.

LG TV
Yes, it's gorgeous and I love it but setting up the components took a few hours and Sunday was so busy I didn't get much of a chance to enjoy it. I look forward to sitting down with "The Matrix" to really get the feel for it. The next investment will be a Blu-Ray player though I think we'll hold off on that until the prices come down.

A great, if busy weekend which has turned into a crazy Monday. I look forward to going home tonight and curling up with the new TV and maybe a game or two of Super Mario 3.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails