One Laptop Per Child PC Gets Re-Design


That right there is one of the first pictures of the newly designed laptops for the One Laptop Per Child initiative, which provides laptops to children in developing nations. My limited understanding of how the program works is that for $400, the donor gets a computer and a child gets a computer as well. Neat-o eh?

I love the idea behind this initiative and though $400 doesn't sound like a lot of cash, it's certainly more than I have kicking around but I do love what these guys are doing. The initial program was somewhat successful and I hope the new design will encourage even more people to participate. I'm impressed.

All of the details of the new OS can be found here and more information on the project at the OLPC website.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails