NIN Coming to Your TV Screen

Trent Reznor at rehearsal. Photo care of Nine Inch Nails Official on Flickr.

I'd actually seen mention of this somewhere else late last week but managed to forget to post about it. Better late than never!

Trent Reznor, one of my favourite artists, is working with producer Lawrence Bender to create a TV series based on material from one of NIN's recent albums "Year Zero".

According to an article at Crave Online:

The concept of Year Zero centers on a bleak, Orwellian future approximately 15 years away, with the U.S. a religious dictatorship and the world on the brink of environmental and social collapse.

I, for one, will pretty much watch/listen/buy anything Trent puts his hands on because I have yet to be truly disappointed.

On a related note, it's worth mentioning that Reznor is also one of the biggest acts, along with Radiohead, to remove himself from the traditional studio music system. I am completely behind his ideas that we need to move beyond the old non-functioning system but I must also point out that it's much easier for him or Radiohead, both bands with rabid, deep rooted fanbases, to take this approach and much harder for small, upcoming bands to follow down the same path. Still, I do appreciate what they're doing for their fans and I must say, I'm loving the regular blog posts, YouTube videos and Flickr uploads that come directly from Trent and crew rather than some dude in the marketing department at some big ass record company.

On a somewhat related note, a few weeks back I mentioned that NIN had released a new album for free. "The Slip" will soon be available for purchase at local retailers with a limited number of copies available so you may want to get your name on the wait list at your local record store.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails