Netflix Officially Comes to XBox 360

Last week I mentioned a workaround for Netflix subscribers to be able to watch streaming movies on their big screen TVs via their XBox 360's rather than spend $99 on additional hardware.

Hot on the heels of that, I just discovered that Microsoft has made an official announcement of a partnership with Netflix that will allow Netflix subscribers to see the streaming movies without a workaround. The only wrench: you must have an XBox live membership - not a big deal considering most gamers play online and already have this.

Looks like the streaming will require a web browser which means XBox will likely be releasing a new patch which will include Internet Explorer. Sweet.

I'm *very* curious and excited to jump on this bandwagon. The key now is to find out if Netflix will let me sign up for a streaming account only considering they currently don't ship to Canada. I'll keep you posted on how I fare with this one.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails