It's Over!

It's been nearly 24 hours of crazyness but I think it's finally done.

After nearly a two week wait for iTunes to approve Before the Dawn, I decided to do a little checking around as to what the problem may be. Turns out the bloody feed didn't validate. More reading uncovered a problem with the feed which seems to stem from the fact that we were hosting the show on a free Blogger account. After a little hair pulling and mulling over the possible ways around the problem, I decided to bite the bullet and buy some web hosting.

After a bit of research, I decided on Host Papa, a Canadian company which prides itself on being "Green". They're packages seem reasonable, they've come very highly rated and to boot, they were very friendly and helpful with the initial set-up. The process of re-directing DNS servers, installing and customizing WP and getting everything transferred over took much less time than I expected and rather than being up and running next week, we're up and running now - less than 24 hours since I made the decision to move. As a nice bonus, disruption on the domain was minimal (10 minutes at the most). I must admit, I'm very impressed with myself.

Though to the reader the site looks almost identical (just a few minor differences I doubt anyone will notice), the back-end is completely different. Thankfully, I'm fairly familiar with WP and things are running fairly smoothly now. There are still a few minor glitches to deal with (mostly on the theming side) but otherwise, we're set to go. The new, now validated feed has been re-submitted to iTunes and I'm hoping they'll respond before we record the show on Saturday.

Something to consider now is that this new host allows for unlimited domains which means I could finally make use of one of the domains I've had registered and bookmarked for a personal site for over a year. We'll see if I finally break down and convert!

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

Monica said...

I love WordPress. CONVERT! CONVERT! You know you waaaaant to!

May 10, 2009 4:06 p.m.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails