OMG!

It's already Thrusday! I can't believe how the week just evaporated. Blink and *poof* it's gone!

Monday 11AM to today AM - "Marina, I can't open this attachment!" yells the oh so sofisticated and professional Dragon Lady (my new name for the boss lady). Oh god. Here we go, think I. "Unable do download message. Insuficient space." Yes ladies and gentlemen, for the first time in my life I saw what a full hard drive message looks like. Sure, it's only 7GB but please lady just delete some of that shit already. What use do you have for a 4yr old document that you haven't opened since July 12, 2002. Oh wait - you haven't opened it since you created it!!!! Just print the bloody thing and delete it. "But what if I lose it??" a very likely concern keeping in mind the state of her office (she missed the tornado warning). The saga begins. I spent the next three days upgrading her computer including installing her current (full and useless) hard-drive just in case she needs to open that 4yr old document again. The entire process would have been much faster if I didn't have to worry about the rest of my work.

Tuesday 9AM to Wednesday PM - "The Koreans are coming tomorrow" says the Last Minute Man (the boss man). ??? "What Koreans?" I ask. "The potential investors. We have to get blah, blah, blah and blah, ready for them by tomorrow morning." You should have SEEN the stack of crap I had to edit, photocopy and bind. Not bad but remember I'm still working on Dragon Lady's PC which she insists is "priority". WTF for? She's never here! But I'm the lowly peon. I follow instructions - most of the time. But I was sneaky...oh so sneaky. That new computer I put together for her....I swaped out the CD burner which she'll never use and I put it in my computer. Now I can back-up my system in 3 mintues rather than 3 days (I was zipping and putting my files on floppy disks - a desperate act, I know).

Wednesday 4PM to present - Koreans arrive. Give me beautiful introduction gift. Make my day. Then they start in on the coffee. OMG they like their coffee. I haven't made this many pots of coffee since I worked catering and at least then, we had a massive coffee maker (56 cups at a time). The one in the office = 12 cups. In 2 days I swear I've made 50 pots. There are only 12 of them. That little gift...not so special anymore.

At least tomorrow will be better. It's Friday after all.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails