It’s been cold as hell for the last couple of days. I haven't brought out the big winter coat because I just KNOW it's going to get worse. At least I made a startling discovery this morning. The last few days, I've been getting to work with a headache. I'm OK when I get up but by the time I walk in the door at the office, I've got a pounding headache. I've discovered that this is due to the cold. The pain today didn't start until I was waiting at the Skytrain platform. I'm thinking I may need to start using a toque or something to keep my forehead warm and cozy. Oi.

Lots of fun stuff for Halloween so we'll jump right in. It took a lot of energy to keep this under wraps for over a month. To celebrate the new M&M's Dark, a site went up in September entitled "50 Dark Movies, Hidden in a Painting". The idea, find the 50 film titles as quickly as possible! It's lots of fun. Go here to take the challenge and make sure you let us know how long it took you to finish yours. It took me almost 30 minutes to do mine. I'll post a link with the answers on Friday!

As for the countdown of movies to see this Halloween…well, I just couldn’t make up my mind. In highschool, shortly after discovering Anne Rice, I picked up this fascination with Vampires. I didn't dress like one, I didn't drink blood because I thought I was one I just liked Vampires. Though I'm not as interested in Vampire lore anymore, I still remain a huge fan of Vampire flicks and of course, my number one spot for Halloween movies to see was going to be a Vampire movie but I couldn't narrow the list down to 1 so, I'm giving you a top 10 list.

10. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - low gore, quick dialogue and darn fun.
9. Blade - loud music, kick ass fight sequences and an ultra cool, buff vampire.
8. Underworld - sleek and modern, not to mention one of the (if not THE) best looking vampire I've EVER seen.
7. The Lost Boys - 80's greatness. I still love watching this one.
6. Night Watch - Russia like you've never seen it before.
5. Dracula - this original is still good today and even with all of the Lugosi parodies out there, the man still does Dracula better than anyone.
4. Shadow of the Vampire - the making of one of the best (and first) vampire movies. Malkovich and Dafoe are brilliant.
3. Nosferatu - this 1922 German classic has stood the test of time.
2. Bram Stoker's Dracula - what can I say? Gary Oldman is brilliant as the shape shifting Dracula. Throw in great performances from Keanu, Carey Elwes, Hopkins and even Winona Ryder, lots of blood, beautiful costumes, great music (which has since been used in TONS of movies) and Coppola behind the camera, and you have a winner. Oh yeah, and keep your eye out for the gorgeous Monica Bellucci…
1. Interview with a Vampire - well, my list couldn't really be topped by anything else. Anne's work, Neil Jordan behind the camera and a brilliant cast brings this, the story of Louis, the caring vampire, to life. But this is as much Louis' story as it is Lestat's and Cruise pulled this off beautifully. It's a gorgeous film with amazing performances. If you haven't seen it, do…it's well worth it. Plus, it's relatively low on the gore factor.

So there you have it. Essentially a list of my favourite vampire flicks.

I hope you everyone has a great Halloween tonight. Eat lots of candy, drink some funny coloured beer, cozy up with a scary movie and above all, be safe.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails