Well, I'm starting to get the ball rolling for Christmas and New Year. Yeah. I'm actually early this year. I've decided that little sis is going to get an MP3 player, mom and dad - probably a working computer and D and I have decided to forgo presents for eachother and instead buy a DVD recorder or HDD recorder for the tv so that I can watch ever MORE tv. I've even decided on a resolution. I usually avoid these things but for next year, I'm going to try using a monthly budget. I have to try harder to save money. God I hate talking or thinking about money. I really do but it's something I need to do. I spent nearly 5 hours on Monday devising a budget plan. I think it's looking good.

I'm also really, really excited! Pedro Almodóvar's Volvér opens this week and I'm taking both mom and dad to it on Sunday. We NEVER do stuff like this so I'm really looking forward to it. It's a huge deal for them to go to the movies. The last time they went was when I bought them tickets to Bridges of Madison County. That's over 10 yrs ago! You read right. That's the last time they went to the theatre. So yeah, this is a big. Deal. I can't tell you how exciting it is.

And to finish off this wonderful Thursday (which happens to be a holiday for our American friends), I'd like to share a little video with you. I'm not sure if any one out there's heard of smashmyipod.com. These guys collect donations, go out and buy ipods and then smash them on-site and on-camera. They decided to expand their horizons (a network of sites)and what better way than with the madness surrounding the PS3 release. They lined up with all the fanboys, bought a player and smashed it outdside of best buy - in front of the line-up of people waiting to shell out their $600 for their own copies. And, of course, it was all captured on film and, thanks to YouTube, you can now enjoy it in all its glory. I laugh every single time I see it. I just can't help myself...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the budgeting thing!

November 23, 2006 1:42 p.m.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails