Connected to the World via Twitter

Jamie Harrington captured by thoughts exactly!


For the first time since I joined this Web 2.0 (though I hear that's not the correct terminology anymore) revolution, news of an event broke on the social media sites before anywhere else. I'm sure it's not the first time it happened but it's the first time I've experienced it.



This morning, while sitting at my desk doing some work, I saw a number of LA based Twitter contacts enter the word "Earthquake". Before the radio managed to enlighten me and even before I could find information on any of the news websites, I was getting a regularly updated (like every 30 seconds) stream of updates from everyone talking about the earthquake. That's pretty impressive.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails