Back Peddling

I take it back. In my last post I mentioned that I’d finished with the Twilight talk but it turns out, that’s not going to happen. This is turning into a Anne Rice sort of obsession (which will never end but will – hopefully – subside a little). I decided I wanted to re-read the book before my next trip to the theatre. That was the first mistake because it’s all I’ve been doing for a few hours. I’ll be finished tonight but the wait for lunch and devouring of a few more pages is driving me batty. Bloody hell.

This morning I read a post by critic Eric D. Snider which had me in stitches. He calls it “My Rejected 'Twilight' Screenplay” while I call it “The Funniest Thing I’ve Read in Months”.

I’m not sure what’s better, Scene 2 in which someone says “Those are the Cullens. They avoid direct sunlight, they don't eat food, they sleep in coffins in a graveyard, and holy water burns them. I think they're Canadians.” Or Scene 3 which made me spit out some coffee I was laughing so hard.

Yes, I’m a fan but I can appreciate a smart retort and this one’s pretty bang on.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails